1 Mar 2013

Bboy Spot | My Favourite Video


This is probably one of my favourite videos on YouTube. There's nothing amazing or special about it, it's a straight up informative video about the Bboy Spot's new home. But the fact they filmed their headquarters tour during the Outbreak weekend really tugged on my jealousy strings. I pretty much consider some of these bboys as celebrities. I don't scour YouTube for videos to watch, but I do watch some of the ones people recommend to me - and videos which feature some of the bboys in this video always stood out; they never cease to amaze me.

For someone living in the other side of the world, secluded, isolated and requiring a bit more effort/hassle to go all the way to Florida to attend Outbreak, this video was just a thing of envy. There were bboys everywhere hangin' out like it was nothing. Spen says unlike their previous spot, this one is open to absolutely everyone! That's the cool thing about this video.

Spen One gives us a tour and oh so casually says, "It's Outbreak weekend and there's a crap load of people here, Magic, Ness; everyone's here just hanging out." Fo' realz?! Then they show us Ness chillin' in the couch and other bboys really just chillin' out doing their thang. And they're not just the locals - they're internationally known locals. Heh. 


He gets into Mex One's office and what a buzz - I didn't expect that from outside his door. Spen One tries to hold in a laugh, he must have been surprised just as I was to see the crowd in the room. He refers to those bboys as Mex One's Pet Bboys. Heh, Kid David? Teknyc? It's a pretty good litter.

When he gets into the break room - as in the tea room - Roxrite is chillin' there with other bboys. Rox's got that old soul, he's that someone you (I'd) want to seek out to earn wisdom. Adorably, Nasty Ray is taking a nap under the table. 

Then Spen One gets to the practice spot - it's packed tight. How do you even bboy there?! But they manage. They manage. Born, Roxrite and Teknyc are teaching a workshop each with 20, but for some reason they were made to teach at the same time, so the practice spot has more than 60 people trying to break. You can actually see people just chillin by the walls watching.

I love that bit with Profo Won and Born. Just the fact that Born's trying to teach and for some reason, he instinctively becomes aware of Profo Won behind the glass, who is at the same time saying some crap load of stuff about him. Haha. And why is it always Jay Park? Then they show my boy Luigi. He's such a star these days but I've always loved him before all that fame. Peksi sounds seksi. Lol, quite opposite to him, where I'm from, everything's Coca-Cola. 

The end skit is hogged by Flexum and Lean Rock. This boy is just crack up - I don't even think he realises he's stopping traffic with his comic self endorsement. Even his bro Thesis gets in the crowd - need I remind anyone of the Buchos Brothers?! This video is such a home recording with Thesis and Kleju catching up at the back. I also spotted Lil G and Airdit. I'm sure there were other big names present there that I just didn't recognize.

Living in that neighbourhood would just be so awesome. Imagine if the whole town becomes a bboy spot in the future. So ill, just the thought of it. Haha.