27 Mar 2014

Made in Japan | Puma


Yes, I did say I’ve moved on from my sneaker obsession for professional reasons (and because my parents expect me to). But while writing those articles about my trip to Japan, I somehow ended up looking at these made in Japan pumies.  They so sexay! I love the effect of the blue-black/red-black contrast.



I’m not entirely sure what the difference is, especially between the classic Puma suedes and the Puma suedes Japan (they look exactly the same), but I’m guessing from what I’ve read around the internet, it’s the feel. The made in Japan ‘Takumi’ collection is inspired by Japanese artisan techniques… which sounds convincing enough I guess. Sneakerfreaker also says that it “features a narrower sole, thicker suede and premium leather on the upper and interior lining; while the toe box is shortened for a clean and sophisticated aesthetic.” (Ahhh...)

The Made in Japan collection doesn’t stop there. They also have these other sneakers that are as equally as show stopping as the pumies above. I’m only tormenting myself since I know I can’t have ‘em but they are so worth saving in this blog. I'm not a huge fan of fur either, so I'm pitting my favourites between the rounders, the Puma Mita and the classic puma suedes (above first picture, the blue and red).

Slipstream Snakeskin





Slipstream






Made in Japan Puma Suede Animal Pack




Puma Mita



Puma Takaua Yamada



Puma Undefeated Tokyo



Made in Japan Puma First Rounds