15 Apr 2013

Army Service Visit | Physicx | Rivers Crew | Born Update



It's not the first time I've been lied to by the internet. I was told Physicx served the army when he was much younger but I’m learning now that he only just got done serving in it. Heh. I’m glad the army business is over though.

While still in the army, bboy Rookie from Drifterz Crew caught up with him to see what’s up. We learn that unlike some unfortunate bboys in Korea, Physicx served the army through public service. This meant he still had the opportunity to go home at night and practice breaking if he wanted to. I heard his health wasn’t in good shape during 2010 so I guess it did something good for him eventually.

For those wondering, bboy Born entered the army much later – at the beginning of last year according to strifetv. So he’s got another year to go. Boo Hoo :( Just to be an ignorant prick, I hope North Korea doesn’t do anything stupid while Born’s in the fricken army. But to be more level minded – I hope North Korea doesn’t do anything in general. War is not the answer to everything, Mr. Kim, put your missiles away…

Physicx is a remarkable role model to a lot of bboys and bgirls out there, and for those wanting to get in on a little bit of the Physicx mentality, this video instils some pretty amazing advice. I’m always inspired when bboys talk about their drive to keep dancing!


I love the rawness of this video; it really helps us perceive a well-known bboy in his own environment. For example, when he comfortably itches his ear (lol) pretty much makes him "normal", eating breakfast, walking to work, seeing the inside of his house, his countless trophies, shaving his head etc. Also, I like that Jay Park admitted he too was inspired by Physicx.

Sometimes I feel amazing bboys and bgirls are creatures from a different universe, but what makes this video brilliant is that it shows Physicx living below the pedestal people placed him on. He loves his games, just like we do! There’s nothing better than relating the subject to his audience. It’s not an extra dimension added for kicks, the point linked to it is that whatever you do in everyday circumstances, it relates to bboying somehow.

His final words, "I’m currently enjoying life whether I’m bboying or anything else. I think the answer to life is music. Every action has a rhythm. The movement of a car is all music. Everything is matched with music. Everyone should become closer to music and get to know it better, and love music, and live more enjoyable lives."

Word. A lot of bboys need to hear those words and live by it, imo. Listen to the music. Please. Lol.


Peace All x :)

Click here for a 2013 Interview of Physicx after his service