6 Apr 2013

Stretching for Flexibility | strifetv


People around me have always stressed the importance of stretching before and after practice/training. I always get told this, but if you're like me then you'd respond by eagerly nodding like you just learned something unbeknown to mankind, and still do a half-ass job anyway.

Then today, I finally got the kick I needed. I was told that if I wanted to keep breaking for a long time, I'll need to keep a flexible body or else my muscle fibres are going to snap here and there. Ok, it may not come out so literal and blunt like that, but there's still a point in that.

I was looking up some flexibility help and strifetv came to the rescue once again! Watch this.


Ok, so it doesn't tell you how to be flexible, at least seriously. Trollololed. What the video does show us is how flexible we could be - at the extreme, haha. Just imagine, no cramps, no muscle fibres snapping. More time training, less time injured. We could be super!

I once asked a gymnast friend how one can become flexible. She said to just stretch. Everyday. If possible. 

So during practice this evening, I actually took the time to stretch properly. Btw, I stretch like an old man. But I made sure that most of the muscles in my body had felt some kind of pressure. I came to realise that I had some knotted muscles on my right bicep, or at least that's what I think it is. I'll need to sort that out.

Anyways, the point is, if we want to dance for a long time, get injured less, and be more flexible to become adaptable to different moves, then stretching is the key! Stretching also helps you find knotty muscles, get it sorted, and perform better :P.

Probably a pointless blog for most of you, but some people will have this kind of revelation at some point sooner or later: Stretching is important - it makes a huge difference!



Lol, Peace. x