21 Mar 2013

Tyquan's Message For All Bgirls!

I read this message only this morning, and it doesn't get any truer than this! If you a Bgirl, read, take note and learn. If you a Bboy, read and learn how to help your fellow bgirl achieve her full potential! I had a rant about bgirls earlier in this blog, but this version is more legit. It's coming from someone who sees it, gets down with the finest and knows what's happening in bgirl circles.



Message from Tyquan | Mighty Zulu Kings | Present Vice President

I know this is going to be a touchy subject but I have to talk about it in the BBoy/BBgirl community...BGIRLS BGIRLS BGIRLS!!! There is no such thing as EASY PROPS. I will not treat BGirls any different than I would treat BBoys. I keep hearing or getting asked what BGirls can do in a male dominated dance to motivate themselves, or BGirls are depressed cuz they are in a male dominated dance. 

First, don't even think its a male dominated dance! Just know if you ill, YOU ILL!!! That's it! When you stoop your level in the box mind of thinking, you already put yourself in a position for pityness. I know its hard but I'm telling to all BGirls if you don't have boundaries, then you will accomplished more. How you gonna get better if in cyphas when I see BGirls have their own little so called "BGirls" cyphas and not be in the nitty gritty with all the heavy hitters...sorry but to GET BETTER you have to get down with the best of the best, and wanting to smoke the best of the best. The same thing I would say to a BBoy. 

Theres no such thing as you get extra points for being a BGirl and also I will NEVER give extra points if BGirls trying to use their beauty to get extra props..LOL..I want BGirlz to understand their skillz speak for itself. You all are capable of doing all the ill moves etc like the bboys do and trust me I seen them being done by top BGirlz! If you at a jam, and you find yourself in a "BGirl" cypha only, then maybe thats the problem.

Now I know there are top BGirls out there that battling ya favorite bboys (yall know who you are..lol)...but im saying ithe reason why these certain Bgirls are on top of their game is because they don't care if they battle a bgirl or a bboy, they look pass gender and all boils down to SKILLZ!! Thats it...I mean look at Hiip hop history, Roxanna Shante basically called out every Emcee back then and battle them all! And she NICE WITH IT!! She didn't isolate herself in her lilttle lady emcee world...no!! she about skillz and thats it! From Run DMC to LL Cool J to KRS ONE she battled them all!!

And thats wat its about...look pass the gender issue...don't look ya self as a bgirl in a male dominated dance...look at yaself as a strong woman reppin the dance (BBoying) to the fullest and excelling the best as she can with her skills to compete against the best of the best in order to be the BEST! All BGirls should be in the same cyphas as everyone else to share and bring that energy level up and not be in your segregated so called "BGirls" cyphas. Everyone should be sharing with one another when it times to get down in the cyphas, whether it be battling, or just plain grooving out.

But yeah I just want to address this because I got messages from BGirls etc and I just want to address to everyone so we all can have an open dialouge about this. BGIRLS STAND UP!! You are more than what you think you are capable of! Don't put yaself inside a box mindframe. I hope all the BGirls reading this understand what I'm trying to say. Wonder why MZK Bgirl Asia-One came up with "No Easy Props"? Think about it. 

One love to all! Peace.