28 Mar 2013

Sure Thing | I Am The Best | Ellen Kim

This post is an Ellen Kim special! Heh. Not really. It just so happen that she appears on both these videos. She's an amazing choreographer and being a bgirl first before a hip hop dancer (?), I wouldn't know much about her. What I do know is that I respect her as a dancer.

This first video is a throwback! When I watched it again today, I suddenly had this nostalgic feeling. Music is definitely a strong reviver of past and forgotten memories. It reminded me of that summer I had this song playing on my iPod over and over again, and making my way to our dance studio sucking on some popsicle; then jamming with friends until late, then playing this song again on the way home, lol. Good times. Don't know where some of those friends had gone.




This is such a good choreography. A friend of mine who is completely in love with Kyle Hanagami (the guy) told me that of all the girls he's danced with, he has the best chemistry with Ellen Kim. She's totally right about the chemistry. When doing these type of dances, chemistry is one of the things I consider hard to pull off - it's either you have it or you don't. But when it's done right, it turns out like this - amazing! And sooo cute.

I remember I had to partner up with one of my friends for a set, and boy did we not have good chemistry. Lol. I guess I was the problem because I didn't like being close like that. It's also probably why I eventually learned to love bboying. Heh. No love on the floor. Just attitude.

This next video features Lydia Paek, Aimee Lee Lucas and Aye Hasegawa, as well as Ellen Kim. The song is called 'I am the best' by 2NE1 (a Korean pop group - my favourite girl-Kpop group!). 

The concept is basically a Cinderella story. Ellen Kim is the push over - slaving after her (very sexy) flatties who are all in love with the same guy. She's (literally) a closet dancer, dancing like there's no tomorrow when people aren't watching. And she's one bad ass of a dancer too. In the end, the guy they all like falls for the lame duck. Woot! Check it. Love it. 

There's not much else to say about this video except that it was entertaining and amazing. :)





Peace and Love x :)