2 Jun 2014

Taeyang Throwback "Where U At" | Shaun Evaristo & Lyle Beniga



I know it’s old but I reckon this video needs mentioning in my blog. It’s a crazy thought but once in a while big companies like YG Entertainment actually recruit choreographers through YouTube. Back in the day their scouting led them to dancers from Movement Lifestyle, most notably Shaun Evaristo and Lyle Beniga, who eventually choreographed Taeyang’s Wedding Dress and Where U At.

Where U At


This connection between Movement Lifestyle and YG Entertainment in many ways may have been critical in bridging my admiration for the Korean Pop Culture. I wasn’t a fan of YouTube to begin with but a few of my crew members were big on it and loved Movement Lifestyle. They told me about Shaun Evaristo and Lyle Beniga, and eventually I was introduced to Taeyang. Taeyang introduced me to Big Bang, Big Bang introduced me to 2NE1 and it rolled on from there.



Shaun and Lyle choreographed Wedding Dress and Where U At where you could say the former fairly overshadowed the latter. Everyone fell in love with Wedding Dress (and Taeyang) that Where U At was slightly overlooked. As dancers, my crew were more biased towards Where U At even though we performed renditions of Wedding Dress to accommodate the bigger fandom. We loved everything about Where U At: less story, more dancing, amazing backdrop; Taeyang, Shaun and Lyle decked out in Chrome Hearts, and Teddy trying to look cool rapping only 2 bars.

Anyway, this throwback video was definitely the start of so many things so it certainly deserved a space in my little blog of blabberish. 




1 comment:

  1. Are you looking for free Twitter Re-tweets?
    Did you know that you can get these ON AUTO-PILOT AND ABSOLUTELY FOR FREE by registering on Like 4 Like?

    ReplyDelete